Important information for
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about
why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading
or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please
see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information ask at reception for a leaflet
Access to Health Records under the Data Protection Act
You have the right to see and have copies of your medical records.
Please speak to the manager if you wish an appointment to view your records.
The doctor is entitled to withhold any information, which is considered to be detrimental to your general